Cities should be built for people, not for property developers.
We can build quality, affordable, and sustainable housing and make sure all Melburnians have access to the green open space, community facilities, heritage and vibrant culture that make our city a great place to live.
1) Appropriate and sustainable medium-density development along public transport corridors
2) Require a mix of housing types for people to live in - not just small one-bedroom apartments in skyscrapers for investors
3) Create a Metropolitan Planning Authority to coordinate planning for Melbourne
4) Require developers to provide community amenities
5) Invest in public transport and open green space
6) Create advisory groups to bring public housing residents and people experiencing homelessness into decision-making