Every night, right here in one of the richest nations in the world, 105,000 Australians don’t have a place to call home. That’s one in every two hundred people.
Since 2012, the number of rough sleepers in Melbourne has more than doubled.
Meanwhile, the 33,000 Victorians in need of public housing are being forced to wait for years -- and waiting times for urgent housing are going up.
Every person in our city should have a home.
1) Build 500,000 new public and community housing dwellings around Australia
2) Create an innovative new Federal Housing Trust to fund 500,000 new public and social homes over 15 years
3) All homes acquired for the East West link to immediately become public housing
4) Build 1,000 public housing homes in E-Gate
5) Stop the privatisation of public housing